The fourth UC Panel session will focus on how the rapidly increasing connectivity and number of end points in almost every aspect of our domestic lives will likely be replicated in the Pro AV industry, affecting manufacturers, integrators, consultants and end users.
An event that has established itself as a firm favourite with ISE visitors, the free-to-attend session is hosted and organized by Kramer. Panelists include representatives from some of the industry’s most influential companies:
- Dave Pedigo, VP Emerging Technology, CEDIA
- Donald De Witte, Business Development Manager EMEA – Cisco Advanced Services – Collaboration
- Paul Williams, Vice President of Product Management, Control4
- Dan Jackson, Director Enterprise Technology, Crestron
- Paul Krizan, Product Manager, Networked AV, HARMAN
- David Margolin, VP Marketing, Kramer
- Simon Dudley, Director of Product Strategy, Logitech
- Martin Barbour, Product Manager, Installed Systems, QSC
The panel will be chaired by Tim Albright, Founder & President of AVNation. “If there’s any ISE visitor who isn’t yet thinking about how the Internet of Things will impact not only their personal lives, but also their professional lives, then I’d strongly encourage them to make a point of attending this session,” said Albright.
“For home automation manufacturers and custom installers, it’s already an everyday reality – and soon, that reality will make itself felt among those manufacturers and integrators addressing the commercial market. It’s no longer a question of if IoT will impact them: the question is now only about when it will do so. IoT will unquestionably shape the new world of Pro AV,” added Albright.
The discussion will focus on software-driven Pro AV installations with minimal-to-zero physical infrastructure; security implications; whether the reliability of technology is a real adoption barrier or just a misconception; effects on user experience; and how providers can work with companies to prepare for this not-so-distant future.
Learn about other key Kramer Solutions: Kramer Network, Kramer Control Solutions, Kramer at Work,VIA Wireless Presentation & Collaboration Solutions, and Kramer Collaborative Classroom.